Homemade Chili/ Taco Seasoning
Write a review
- 4 tablespoons of chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons paprika (use smoked paprika for added smokiness)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a tupperware container. Place lid and shake to mix all ingredients.
- Label container, include the date
- Store in a cool, dry place in an air tight container for up to a year
- Add 2-4 TBS per lb of meat in a recipe. May need to add salt and pepper to taste while cooking.
- I use this ALOT so I typically double or triple the recipe so I always have it on hand for seasoning meats, chilis and tacos.
Sabine's Cuisine http://sabinescuisine.net/